Our History


In 1844 the Sisters of Mercy came to Nottingham and opened St Mary's Elementary School and St Catherine's Day and Boarding School.


The current building on Beechdale Road was opened in 1962 when the Bishop asked the Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary, generally known as the Loreto Sisters, to take over the direction of the school due to increasing numbers of students.