As a good school, we are concerned about the experience of pupils travelling to and from school. Amongst other reasons, this is because anxiety over travel arrangements or conditions can detract from a day’s schooling. Things can happen on the way in and on the way home that affect the way your children will learn. We want to support you in getting your children to school and back safely and without incident. You can expect us to be involved in anything that happens on the way to school or coming home and we will do all in our power to get the school day off to a good start and end it the same way when your child gets home.
To this end, and in the interest of our community, we would ask you to:
- Arrange for your children to walk or cycle to school if at all possible, ideally with friends or family.
- Cyclists should have road worthy cycles and we recommend that they wear a helmet. They should ensure that they ride in a safe manner and pay attention to other road users and pedestrians. Bike racks are available on the Beechdale Road site.
- Use public transport if walking/cycling is not possible. Taking advantage of bus pass deals or local authority support, if applicable.
- Insist on good manners and behaviour as ambassadors for the school.
- Reiterate that school rules apply from the time pupils leave home in the morning until they reach home at night.
- Encourage good time-keeping so as to avoid lateness to school.
- Discourage the ‘parental taxi service’. When absolutely necessary, to drop children off at school in the morning, or collect them after school, please avoid parking near the school gates as this causes dangerous levels of congestion. Arriving 5 minutes after the rush in the afternoon also alleviates congestion, particularly on Kingsbury Drive.
- Encourage a more environmentally friendly and healthy approach to transport.
Clearways (Yellow ZigZags)
Pupils are discouraged from being collected immediately outside school where cars cause un-necessary congestion. The ZigZag markings should always be observed and any drivers ignoring the clear ways face prosecution by the Local Authority who regularly visit the area and ticket cars. Drivers are not permuted to stop on the ZigZags so dropping children off without parking is still an offence and can be prosecuted.
Support for Transport Costs
We are aware that not all parents take advantage of local authority support whether it be for transport, school meals or uniform, and we would strongly encourage you to take advantage of support that is available.
If you live in the City, please see the Free School Transport pages on https://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/information-for-residents/education-and-schools/benefits-for-school-aged-children/free-school-transport/
If you live in the County, please see under 16 Mainstream Travel Assistance: https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/education/travel-to-schools/under-16-mainstream-travel-assistance
CCTV – Nottingham City
Nottingham City Transport record CCTV images on EVERY bus and tram which can be viewed by the school Senior Leadership Team in order to keep our pupils safe or help maintain good behaviour.
This footage can be used in court if necessary and can also be retained by the school.
The Trinity Catholic School fully endorses the NCT Travel Safe scheme.
Out of hours Transport
Buses and coaches picking up and returning pupils after school hours for various activities off site are always booked to use Beechdale Road to avoid noise and disturbance to our neighbours on Kingsbury Drive. If waiting for a child to return to school in your car, please avoid parking in the bus bays.
Nottingham City Transport Serving Trinity School
Routes on the Nottingham City Transport website – https://www.nctx.co.uk/services
35 Route – Orange Line
City – Derby Road – QMC – University Park – Wollaton Vale – Bilborough – Strelley – Bulwell.
28 Route – Pink Line
City – Ilkeston Road – Jubilee Campus – Beechdale – Bilborough.
77 Route – Turquoise Line
City – Alfreton Road – Aspley Lane – Strelley.
Vernon Road – Bulwell Bus Station – Nuthall Road – Aspley Lane
|Hucknall La, Morrisons||07:34|
|Rise Park Bus Terminus||07:40||07:40|
|Beckhampton Rd, Elmbridge Shops||07:45||07:45||07:45|
|Edwards La, City Hospital||07:52||07:52||07:52|
|Valley Rd, Futurist||08:04||08:04||08:04|
|Western Blvd, Nuthall Rd||08:08||08:08||08:08|
|Aspley La, Bluecoat Sch||08:13||08:13||08:13|
|Aspley La, Melbourne Rd||08:15||08:15||08:15|
|Beechdale Rd, Trinity Sch||08:20||08:20||08:20|
Nottinghamshire County Buses
For all enquiries contact Luke Spencer at the Nottinghamshire County Education Travel Department on Tel: 0300 500 80 80 or email@example.com
Bus timetables and routes for the 218 and 650 can be found on https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/transport/public-transport/school-bus-timetables
Please put Trinity in the search box.