This Policy supports our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
- Once on site all visitors must report to one of the receptions, either at the Upper School, Sixth Form block or Lower School site depending on which site they are visiting. These receptions are clearly marked from the point of entry for visitors.
- At reception all visitors must state the purpose of their visit and say has invited them. They should be ready to produce formal identification upon request.
- All visitors will be asked to sign the Visitors’ Record Book which is kept in the reception office at all times, making a note of their name, organisation, who they are visiting and their car registration if appropriate.
- All visitors are required to wear an ID badge with a red ‘visitor’ lanyard; the badge must remain visible throughout their visit.
- Visitors will then be escorted to their point of contact or their point of contact will be asked to come to reception to receive their visitor. That member of staff will then be responsible for their visitor whilst they are on site and chaperoning them when and if necessary.
- A Safeguarding Visitor Pack is issued to visitors who have unaccompanied access to the site when pupils or students are in attendance. Eg Invigilators, Teacher Training Students, Supply Staff, Volunteers etc.
This policy was reviewed by: Louise Stainwright
Position: Designated Safeguarding Lead