Current marching uniform
- Uniform jacket
- Black bib/brace trousers
- Drill master shoes
- White gauntlets
- White gloves
- Black socks
All of the above uniform (except the socks!!) will be supplied for your child, it has a replacement cost of over £200 so please ensure they take good care of all the items. To this end, we should be grateful if all items could be labelled with your child’s name. The uniform, including the three polo shirts and coat, remains the property of the Band and will need to be returned if your child leaves.
All band members must wear a t-shirt underneath their bib/brace trousers, any t-shirt without a collar is suitable.
We have included washing instructions, as the items need to be washed separately to stop colours running onto your clothes!! This is only information we have been asked for previously, we don’t want to seem like we are stating the obvious !!!
- Uniform Jackets
- The colour does run from these we recommend a cool 30 degree machine “hand wash/quick wash” or a hand wash, separate from your own clothes with a non bio or colour care powder. If possible we would appreciate that sleeves are ironed without creases in them, the band is actually marked on “Turn Out” at competitions and this is the sort of extra little detail that gives a few more points.
- Black Trousers
- These need to go on a cool machine wash, again the manufacturer recommends a non bio or colour care wash powder to prevent fading.
- White Gloves
- If you manage to get these clean tell us how ‘cause we have never managed it !!!!!!
- White Gauntlets
- These can be washed on a cool machine wash
- White Hats
- Baby wipes seem to be quite good at getting marks off these. Please DO NOT use bleach products as it turns the hats yellow.
- Drill Master Shoes
- These shoes should NOT be polished as this actually takes the shine off. They should just be cleaned with a damp cloth. Each shoe needs to be slipped into a cut off leg of a pair of tights/pop socks. This keeps the shine on them and helps prevent them from getting scuffed.
The guard uniform changes annually to match the show. They will be provided with all items they need, including shoes, guard gloves etc.
ADDITIONAL UNIFORM, ALL BAND MEMBERS
- Green polo shirt
- Black virtuosi polo shirt
- Black eurocell polo shirt
- Black jacket for winter parades/guard jacket for colour guard
- Band hoodie (optional, available to order at a cost of approx. £15)
The polo shirts and black jacket will be provided for your child. If you wish to order a hoodie these will be being ordered later this year and we will send an order form home.
Your child will be given all these items to take home with a Band Suit Cover to protect the uniform. Their uniform should be bought in the suit cover to competitions, we actively encourage the band members to ensure their uniform is properly prepared for competitions, but would appreciate your help in ensuring they do this!!
Band members will also be provided with a small hard suitcase/holdall for their hat, shoes, spare socks etc and hair bobbles etc for girls to tie hair up under hats.
Please do not pack additional items, such as band coats, in the suitcases as it leads to the hats etc being damaged.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.