Beaumanor Hall Training Weekends
Beaumanor Hall in Leicestershire is an LEA owned outdoor centre that the band use for training weekends. The band members sleep in single sex cabins of 16 – 20 split roughly into year groups.
Food is provided by a team of parents who do all the catering. A typical menu is
- cooked breakfast
- mid morning break with snacks, hot /cold drinks, soup, fruit
- jacket potatos with fillings/pasta bake for lunch
- afternoon break as morning
- fish and chip tea
- supper with biscuits, drinks, toast
Sunday lunch is soup and rolls with snacks.
Your child needs to be at Beaumanor Hall between 6:30 and 6:45 ready to start rehearsing at 7:00 and will be ready to leave Beaumanor Hall by 3:45 on the Sunday. If you have any problems getting them to or from Beaumanor Hall, and need us to put you in touch with other parents that may be able to offer a lift, please e-mail us.
Your child will need to bring with them a number of items to Beaumanor, listed below.
- Knife, Fork, Spoon, Bowl, Plate and Mug
- Clothing suitable for wet and cold weather. It can be very cold on the field so thermals are a good idea !
- Jeans are not recommended in wet weather as they are hard to dry out. Trousers that trail on the ground will need to be rolled up as when practicing drill as we need to see the whole foot
- 2 pairs of trainers that can get wet and muddy (so not your new ones)
- Plenty of spare socks, at least 6 pairs in wet weather
- Alternative indoor footwear (outdoor shoes cannot be worn indoors)
- Sun Cream, Sun Hat, lip chapstick.
- Sleeping Bag and Pillow
- Black band/guard coats
We seem to accrue a large amount of lost property at these weekends so anything that may be easily mistaken for someone else’s that could be named would be helpful. Girls must wear long bottoms to bed and whenever they are walking out of their bedroom in night attire they must be wearing a dressing gown, hoodie or sweatshirt. Boys may wear shorts to bed however also must wear dressing gown, hoodie or sweatshirt when leaving their bedroom.
May we also remind band members that it is a school rule that hi energy drinks such as “Red Bull” or any supermarket alternative are not allowed. So therefore we are also going to ban the consumption of any such drinks at any band activity. We are also going to take the tuck shop to Beaumanor so a small amount of money for this can be taken.
Your child will be responsible for any valuable items or money they may bring. Please ensure that they bring clothes that are fine to get dirty as it has been quite muddy on previous camps. Band members are permitted to bring a sensible amount of snacks; however these snacks are not to replace meals which all band members must attend.
If you have any further questions or queries please don’t hesitate to contact us on email@example.com